Finding cheap flights for travel in India

We recently travelled to India and I came across a great website for sourcing cheap flight tickets for travel within India. It’s a one stop shop and will save you time and money, now who’s not a fan of that.

Although I would have loved to travel more in India, we didn’t have the time on our recent trip. There are many things I wish I knew before travelling to India, however we are certainly planning a return to India very soon and prior knowledge will come in handy. When we return I will definitely be using the flight aggregator, Cleartrip for all my cheap flight tickets needs.

Contents

Our bucket list for India

Having visited Agra including sunrise at the Taj Mahal and Jaipur, I complied a post of our top places to visit in Jaipur with kids.  I’ve had a little taste of India and I know I haven’t even scratched the surface of this amazing country. 

cheap flight tickets
One of my proudest travel moments ever!

So what’s still on our India bucket list? That’s a big question and not one I need to think about for too long. At the top of my bucket list for India are:

Goa

Goa is a state in south-west India, once popular with hippies and backpackers, Goa is all about beaches and parties. A blend of Indian and Portuguese architecture and a melting pot of spirituality. Known to have the best beaches and glorious sunsets which India is renowned for, what more could I ask for. 

Goa for a long time has been popular with backpackers but is starting to become a little more mainstream these days. Are you into Yoga? India was were yoga was born! Goa has the reputation as one of the most liberal states in India, therefore sunbathing in Goa is completely acceptable, on the beach only. You can go diving and there are four protected wildlife areas near Goa. There are also plenty of unusual places near Goa to explore.

cheap flight tickets
Yoga at sunset in Goa! Those magic Indian sunsets blew me away.

Looking for somewhere to stay in Goa? I’ve got you covered, where to stay in Goa provides you with a list of budget guesthouses for the savvy tourist with budget in mind.

Hampi 

Hampi is an ancient village in the south Indian state of Karnataka, Hampi, a UNESCO World Heritage site and a sacred pilgrim site for Hindus is well worth a visit. Famous for ancient palace and temple ruins, the landscape is filled with boulders and jaw dropping rock formations. The ruins, which date back to the 14th century, stretch for just over 25 kilometres (10 miles) and are comprised of more than 500 monuments. The most striking monument is the Vittala Temple, dedicated to Lord Vishnu.

One of the main attractions for me in Hampi would be to visit the Daraji Sloth Bear Sanctuary. Sloth bears are extremely violent and are known to attack humans, this means the tour will not be a safari as such, they take you to a watchtower and you spot them up in the rocks through binoculars. 

cheap flight tickets
I love seeing UNESCO World Heritage Sites.

Kerala

Kerala, a state on India’s tropical Malabar Coast, has nearly 600km of Arabian Sea shoreline. It’s known for its palm-lined beaches, backwaters and network of canals. Often referred to as “God’s own country” purely for its tropical beauty. The lush green landscape, diverse wildlife, and houses and villages that line the backwaters make a journey along these waterways seem like a journey through another world. I found a great Kerala itinerary that covers stays between 3-7 days that would ensure we were able to make the most of our stay.

I would love to experience a house boat on the Kerala back waters. and wind our way leisurely around the palm fringed canals. It’s been highly recommended that we see a sunset from Kakkathuruthu Island on Vembanad Lake, as featured by National Geographic, sounds right up our alley. 

cheap flight tickets
I can picture myself floating around the Kerala Backwaters on a house boat

Verdict

So as you can see we still have plenty to see in India, sourcing cheap flight tickets will enable us to travel economically. India is a vast country that has something for everyone. You can’t go past the amazing food and the people, while intrigued, are friendly and welcoming. A land of contrasts, I’d go back there in a heart beat. Next time I would love to fly through one of the bigger cities such as New Delhi, I hear there are a number of great things to see in New Delhi and a gateway to the Taj Mahal. One visit in my life time just isn’t enough I think!

Lots of women struggle with what to wear in India, as western women do tend to get some unwanted attention in India. I dressed very casual and modestly and I didn’t have any issues.

Safe travels,

Craig, Sal & Our 3 kids.

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Successful Entrepreneurs Talk Travel: Away luggage’s Steph Korey and Jen Rubio

Checking In: Dream Island Hotel, Santorini