Florence Adventure: Does a hot waiter count as a souvenir?

On the Spanish Steps in Rome with Lisa during our semester abroad.

While I was studying abroad in Florence, my friend Lisa was studying in Rome.  This was perfect, since we got to meet up a few times during the semester!

Lisa and I had a blast together when she visited me in Florence.  We went dancing at Maracana, the best Brazilian/hip-hop club in the city.  We shopped for jewelry on the Ponte Vecchio.  We attempted to cook.  And we ate a few times at Le Colonnine, the wonderful restaurant across the street from my apartment.

(If you’re ever in Florence, I highly recommend Le Colonnine, on the corner of Borgo Santa Croce and Via de Benci, right by Santa Croce.  It’s a very affordable restaurant and they have FANTASTIC pizza and tiramisu.)

But most importantly, there was always this very tall, very attractive man who worked the register at Le Colonnine.  It didn’t hurt that he was exactly the type of guy we both go for: very tall, dark, lean and Italian.  And unlike his coworkers, he didn’t speak a word of English.

We would eat at Le Colonnine and giggle over the guy, especially the fact that, for some reason, his back pockets were always filled with tons of stuff.  They were actually dragging his pants down.

Seriously, who weighs down their back pockets like that?

Fast forward nearly two years.  I returned to Florence with my sister.  We ate at Le Colonnine and the guy was there.

And then I had a moment of inspiration.  I knew what I had to do for Lisa.

I pulled out a placemat and the Sharpie I kept in my purse…

I still can’t believe I asked him to pose with this.

Lisa nearly fell over when she saw this.  She loved it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Successful Entrepreneurs Talk Travel: Away luggage’s Steph Korey and Jen Rubio

Checking In: Dream Island Hotel, Santorini